Sunday 25 October 2009

Sophie and Charna's rough cut (Feedback)

Sophie and Charna rough cut from cmdiploma on Vimeo.



Strengths of film: I think the strenghts of their film opening are the shots. I really like the way that they have positionedand angled each of their shots, to get a full view of each frame. I like how it is really dark in the background of each shot, and in the foreground the fire stands out really well. I also really like how they have positioned the titles aswell.

Weaknesses of film: In my opinion the weaknesses of their film opening is the music as it has not been timed very well with each shot, and I think that it doesn't fit in with what is happening in the film. I also feel that the opening to this film looks more like a trailer because of the way that they have layed it out, and the order in which they have put each title.

I think that the group should change the music, because it doesn't suit the film. I also think that they should add dialogue, so that people know what is happening, because it is difficult to explain what is happening without dialogue when you only have fire to explain things, it just doesn't work.

Apart from change a few things to make it feel and look like a film opening, this group does not need to add anything into the opening sequence.

No comments:

Post a Comment