Saturday 26 September 2009

A Case Study Of A Film Opening

The film opening which I have chosen as my favourite fim is Hancock.

Before the fim starts the opening sequence tells us that it is by Overbrook Entertainment as the fims company, and it also says Columbia Pictures Presents, showing that this film was made by them. It then comes up with a few other production companies like Relativity Media. There are a few prodution companies which include Blue Light, Weed Road Pictures, and Overbrook Entertainment. After telling us all of that it then flashes up with the films name.

I really like the way that it shows us which companies it's by, and then jumps straight into action with a car chase. I really like the way that in the opening scene they keep jumping from the action packed car chase, into Hancock who is just laying down on a bench drunk. To get the mood flowing they add some music which sounds like it is played on a harmonica, and they make it faster and loud when the camera is on the car chase, but they make it really soft and relaxing when the camera is on Hancock, who is played by actor Will Smith.

There is not a point in the introduction to the first three minutes where there is not any action which I think would make the audience excited, and really grab their attention. In my opinion I think that the setting is very well planned out, but I didn't notice to much about the lighting.

I think that this film opening is very action packed and exciting, which is why I chose to publish it on my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment